來;出現;開始;發生
reach a point of crisis when action is called for
需要某事的緊要關頭
Things are coming to a head, we have to make a decision.
事情已經到了關鍵時刻,我們得做決定了。
I think everything will come to a head next month.
我認為,下個月緊要時刻將到來。
not able to make any progress forward
停滯不前
Can you help me? I've come to a standstill on this project.
你能幫助我嗎?我在這個項目上沒有任何進展。
We came to a standstill and had to rethink everything.
我們停滯不前,不得不重新考慮一切。
arrive at an impasse in a situation, not be able to move forward
在形勢中陷入僵局,或者無法前進
We'll have to rethink everything. We've come to absolute dead end.
我們得重新考慮一切。我們已經陷入僵局了。
They changed strategies once they came to a dead end.
一旦陷入僵局,他們就改變策略。
to occur
發生
Everything I had predicted came to pass.
我預料的一切都發生了。
The prophecy has come to pass.
預言成真了。
completely lose emotional control
完全情緒失控
There's no need to come apart at the seams. Things will get better.
不要情緒失控。情況會好轉的。
On hearing of the death of his friend, Peter came apart at the seams.
聽到朋友的死訊,皮特情緒崩潰了。
begin having success and satisfaction in life
人生開始獲得成功和滿足
Since he was appointed to vice-president, he's really come into his own.
自從他被任命為副總統,他的人生進入了繁盛期。
Keep working hard. One day you'll come into your own.
繼續努力。總有一天你會成功的。
deal with something difficult
應付難題
I'll have to come to grips with this problem if I want to succeed.
如果我想成功,就得着手解決這個問題。
I think you first need to come to grips with his complaints before you move forward.
我認為,在你向前邁進之前,需要解決他的抱怨。
become known
為人所知
A number of facts have come to light which change everything.
許多事實浮出水面,改變了事態。
A new solution has come to light.
一個新的'解決方案為人所知。