Lily: Ann,do you know something about the Chinese literature?
安,你對中國文學瞭解多少?
Ann: I know something. Although I am an American, I love Chinese literature, I have read the four classics in Chinese Literature for three times.
我知道一些,儘管我是美國人,但我喜歡中國文學,中國四大名著我已經讀過3遍了。
Lily: Really? You are powerful.
真的嗎?你太強了。
Ann: Because my grandmother is a Chinese, she often tells me the Chinese history.
因為我祖母是中國人,她經常跟我説中國的歷史。
Lily: How’s your feeling after reading the four classics?
你讀完四大名著有什麼感受?
Ann: The Pilgrimage to the West is funny, but the Dream in Red Mansions is hard to understand.
《西遊記》很有趣,但是《紅樓夢》太難懂了。
Lily: I agree with you.
我同意。
Ann: I plan to learn more about Chinese literature in my life.
我計劃在我有生之年學更多的中國文學。
Lily: Ann,what are you doing?
安,你在幹什麼呢?
Ann: I’m reading a play.
我在讀一個劇本。
Lily: Oh, what play? Who is the writer?
噢,什麼劇本?作者是誰?
Ann: The Peony Pavilion,the writer is Tang Xianzu, a great playwright in Ming Dynasty of China.
《牡丹亭》,作者是湯顯祖,中國明朝一位偉大的劇作家。
Lily: I is called Shakespear of China.
我知道。他被稱為是中國的莎士比亞。
Ann: Why do you say that Tang Xianzu is Shakespare of China?
為什麼你説湯顯祖是中國的莎幹比亞?
Lily: Tang Xianzu, like Shakespare, has written many great don’t we call him Shakespare of China?
湯顯祖就像莎士比亞一樣,寫了很多戲劇,我們為何不可以稱他為中國的莎士比亞呢?
Ann: It sounds reasonable.
有道理。
Tom: I really enjoy old Chinese classics are deeply attracting me.
我非常喜歡。這些古老的中國名著深深吸引着我。
Bob: What is your favorite book?
你最喜歡的是哪本書?
Tom: It’s hard to say. I like several of them very much,but I think maybe The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is my favorite.
這很難説。有好幾本書我都非常喜歡,不過也許《三國演義》是我最喜歡的一本書。
Bob: So do I 。 But I like the Heroes of the Marshes most.
那也是我最喜歡的書之一。不過我最喜歡《水滸傳》。
Tom: I guess that is popular with many people 。What do you like most about it?
我想那本書許多人都喜歡。你最喜歡的是這個作品的哪一方面呢?
Bob: I think it’s the characterization of the are all interesting.
我想是人物性格的刻畫。所有的人物都那麼生動。
Tom: I can’t agree with you any more.
我完全同意。
Bob: The Chinese literature is broad and profound.
中國文學是博大精深的。