Terry:
Hi there! My name’s Terry Graham. You’re new around here, huh?
嗨,你好。我叫泰利 格雷厄姆。你是新來的吧?
Mary:
Yes. My name’s Mary Benson. I just started a couple of weeks ago.
是的。我叫瑪麗 本森。我來這才兩三個星期。
Terry:
Well, if there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.
哦,如果有什麼我能幫忙的,請儘管開口。
Mary:
Thanks, I appreciate that!
非常感謝。
Klas:
Good morning, May. Good girl, you are reading English books again.
阿美,早上好。真是好孩子,又在讀英語了!
May:
Good morning. There is no reason to miss so beautiful a morning. Is that a new bird?
早上好。沒有理由錯過這麼美麗的早晨。那是隻新鳥嗎?
Klas:
Oh, yes, my daughter bought it yesterday. We call her Lulu.
哦,是的,我女兒昨天給我買的。我們叫它魯魯。
May:
It looks so cute. Is it a parrot?
它看起來真可愛。它是隻鸚鵡嗎?
Klas:
Yes. Just look at her colorful feathers. What else can it be?
是的。你看它多彩的羽毛,還能是別的什麼鳥嗎?
May:
I see. It's interesting that there is also a parrot in my English book. His mane is Polly.
知道了。真有趣,我的英語書裡也有一隻鸚鵡。它的名字是波利。
Klas:
Really? A foreign parrot!
真的嗎?一隻外國鸚鵡!
May:
He can speak English, too.
它也會說英語哦。
Klas:
Maybe you can teach Lulu some English words.
也許你可以教魯魯幾個英語單詞啊。
May:
Lulu. Lulu. Say “hello”. “hello”. Oh, she is so smart. Good bird.
魯魯,魯魯,說“哈嘍”“哈嘍”。哦,它真聰明。真是隻好鳥。
Klas:
You are a good teacher. Okay, I am gonna play some chess now. Just go back to your book.
你是個好老師。好了,我要去下象棋了。你繼續讀書吧。
May:
Hello. Hello. Hello.
“哈嘍”“哈嘍”“哈嘍”。
Klas:
Haha. After all, she is just a bird.
哈哈,它畢竟只是一隻鳥啊。
Li Lei:
Good morning, my name is Li Lei. What’s your name?
早上好,我是李雷,你叫什麼名字?
Wang Fei:
My name is Wang Fei. Nice to see you.
我叫王菲,見到你很高興。
Li Lei:
Nice to see you, too. Are you new here?
見到你我也很高興。你是新來的?
Wang Fei:
Yes. I’ve just come to this school.
是的,我剛來這學校。
Li Lei:
Welcome to our class.
歡迎你到我們班來。
Jessie: There are so many things. I don’t know which ones we should buy.
東西太多了。我不知道該買什麼好。
Marty: I’m getting tired of this. Every year we have to choose different gifts.
我受夠了。每年都要選不同樣的禮物。
Jessie: My sister has twin girls. Last year, I got them Barbie dolls. This year, I totally lost my mind.
我姐姐有對雙胞胎女兒。去年我買了巴比娃娃。今年,我一點兒概念都沒有。
Marty: You should have asked them before buying. It is much simpler in my family. There is a ten-dollar gift cap for kids.
買禮物之前,你應該問問他們的。在我家就簡單多了。給小孩買禮物,我們有一個十美金原則。
Jessie: A ten-dollar spending cap? Are you serious?
十美金規則?不是吧?
Marty: It is good for them. You can’t spoil children.
對他們而言,有好處的。小孩子不能太寵的。
Jessie: It is the most special day in the whole year. Why not get them something special?
一年中最特殊的一天。為什麼不給他們買點兒特殊的東西呢?
Marty: There are many wonderful presents under 10 dollars. A book is special. A flashlight, a …
十美金以下的有很多很好的禮物啊。書很特別,手電筒啊……